Western international 5k alum/open race
09/17/2012 8:17:29 AM
Power User
Apparently there are not enough entries, and Vigars may pull the plug. Great xc 5k on the Thames Valley golf course in London, just like old times. Info at www.westernmustangs.ca Race is this Saturday, before the university meet.
Apparently there are not enough entries, and Vigars may pull the plug. Great xc 5k on the Thames Valley golf course in London, just like old times. Info at www.westernmustangs.ca Race is this Saturday, before the university meet.
09/22/2012 12:28:33 PM
User
Guelph wins mens comfortably, women are second.
Guelph wins mens comfortably, women are second.
09/22/2012 12:54:47 PM
User
@QuickSplits Do you happend to know where the results will be posted?
@QuickSplits

Do you happend to know where the results will be posted?
09/22/2012 12:57:17 PM
User
They aren't posted yet but they will be found on http://www.westernmustangs.ca/sports/2010/8/20/CROSS_0820100058.aspx?id=566
They aren't posted yet but they will be found on http://www.westernmustangs.ca/sports/2010/8/20/CROSS_0820100058.aspx?id=566
09/24/2012 10:18:44 PM
User
@AnotherCanuck Re: Queen's - not even close to the full squad. Archer, McGraw (22nd last year), Cashin (3k PB in the 8:30-8:40 range, 5k 14:40-15:00) are scorers and no-shows @ Western. Potvin's been good in the past but had a bad race there.. And looking at last year's roster, a lot of their guys still have eligibility if they came back for more. My guess is lot of them decided to snub Western by not running at their home meet. Fair, seeing as how they've done the same every year since inauguration of the Queen's Open. Can't speak for Laval, but pretty sure they sat a couple too... I can't be bothered to look for their team on the results right now. I'm looking at Victoria more than any Ontario team IMO. 3rd last year, more experience this year, losing no ground swapping Childs for Hulse... I can see these 3 competing for the two remaining medals.
@AnotherCanuck Re: Queen's - not even close to the full squad. Archer, McGraw (22nd last year), Cashin (3k PB in the 8:30-8:40 range, 5k 14:40-15:00) are scorers and no-shows @ Western. Potvin's been good in the past but had a bad race there.. And looking at last year's roster, a lot of their guys still have eligibility if they came back for more.
My guess is lot of them decided to snub Western by not running at their home meet. Fair, seeing as how they've done the same every year since inauguration of the Queen's Open.

Can't speak for Laval, but pretty sure they sat a couple too... I can't be bothered to look for their team on the results right now. I'm looking at Victoria more than any Ontario team IMO. 3rd last year, more experience this year, losing no ground swapping Childs for Hulse...

I can see these 3 competing for the two remaining medals.
09/25/2012 2:26:03 AM
User
@limestonemiler I have to agree. CIS is going to be a right and proper shit-show for the medals.
@limestonemiler

I have to agree. CIS is going to be a right and proper shit-show for the medals.
09/25/2012 9:58:22 AM
Power User
Laval was missing one guy, probably slot him in between their 1 and 2.
Laval was missing one guy, probably slot him in between their 1 and 2.
09/25/2012 11:34:08 AM
Coach
@limestonemiler Cashin has run 14:49 for 5k and is healthy and fit.
@limestonemiler Cashin has run 14:49 for 5k and is healthy and fit.
09/25/2012 12:33:51 PM
User
@oldster I stand corrected. Laval did sit JS, but he was quite hurt this summer. Maybe one of the laval boys can fill us in.
@oldster I stand corrected. Laval did sit JS, but he was quite hurt this summer. Maybe one of the laval boys can fill us in.
09/25/2012 4:17:33 PM
User
JS is healthy and running, he is not racing just to make sure he heals 100% unlike he did this summer.
JS is healthy and running, he is not racing just to make sure he heals 100% unlike he did this summer.
09/27/2012 1:32:04 PM
User
@chuckqc Laval will not be a factor. Refer to CIS last year on their home course. They crashed at the after party as well.
@chuckqc Laval will not be a factor. Refer to CIS last year on their home course. They crashed at the after party as well.
09/29/2012 1:49:23 PM
User
kelly wiebe looked very strong while winning the roy griak invitational. Guelph also looked very strong, running 1,2,3 at one point
kelly wiebe looked very strong while winning the roy griak invitational. Guelph also looked very strong, running 1,2,3 at one point
09/29/2012 5:28:22 PM
User
Guelph looked good... Yves might have gotten a bit too ambitious early on but this is the time to experiment I suppose. Hendrikx was a little further back than I would have expected given the tight Hendrikx/Nixon/Walters finish at Western. There were a few tough days out there which probably can be attributed to going out way too hard (which often happens in the D1 race). Other than Kelly, the rest of Regina suffered a bit as well as some of Guelph's mid packers. I don't think a bad result here means a whole lot for late in the season anyways. Some other notable CIS performances at Griak came from the DII races. Karissa Lepage (Regina) ran really well to finish second and Dylan Brown (Lakehead) ran well to finish third in 25:38.
Guelph looked good... Yves might have gotten a bit too ambitious early on but this is the time to experiment I suppose. Hendrikx was a little further back than I would have expected given the tight Hendrikx/Nixon/Walters finish at Western. There were a few tough days out there which probably can be attributed to going out way too hard (which often happens in the D1 race). Other than Kelly, the rest of Regina suffered a bit as well as some of Guelph's mid packers. I don't think a bad result here means a whole lot for late in the season anyways.

Some other notable CIS performances at Griak came from the DII races. Karissa Lepage (Regina) ran really well to finish second and Dylan Brown (Lakehead) ran well to finish third in 25:38.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.