FloTrack Coverage of the Harry Jerome Meet
06/11/2012 10:05:53 AM
User
Please chime in with your comments about the announceing during the meet!
Please chime in with your comments about the announceing during the meet!
06/11/2012 1:07:19 PM
Power User
You just wait until you hear my trackside interviews (not live though) with the athletes. - Poor tone - Gravely, monotone voice - Mispronounce names - Slurring (wont be beering until after!) - Mediocre questions at best. I should never be handed a microphone and have even less business being in front of a camera (which I wont at Vic anyway). But alas! I do it because ESPN isn't buying in just yet, still a growing sport.
You just wait until you hear my trackside interviews (not live though) with the athletes.

- Poor tone
- Gravely, monotone voice
- Mispronounce names
- Slurring (wont be beering until after!)
- Mediocre questions at best.

I should never be handed a microphone and have even less business being in front of a camera (which I wont at Vic anyway).

But alas! I do it because ESPN isn't buying in just yet, still a growing sport.
06/11/2012 11:29:59 PM
User
@Wetcoast I always enjoy Flotrack over NBC or CBC. The one problem, though, is they are not as aware as they are of US runners. How about some Canadians - Butler, Kendall or Bomba doing some announcing in Canada. These guys know a lot of the Canadian and US runners
@Wetcoast

I always enjoy Flotrack over NBC or CBC.

The one problem, though, is they are not as aware as they are of US runners. How about some Canadians - Butler, Kendall or Bomba doing some announcing in Canada. These guys know a lot of the Canadian and US runners
06/11/2012 11:31:47 PM
User
[quote=Wetcoast]You just wait until you hear my trackside interviews (not live though) with the athletes. - Poor tone - Gravely, monotone voice - Mispronounce names - Slurring (wont be beering until after!) - Mediocre questions at best. I should never be handed a microphone and have even less business being in front of a camera (which I wont at Vic anyway). But alas! I do it because ESPN isn't buying in just yet, still a growing sport.[/quote] @Wetcoast Chris, you are way too tough on yourself.
Wetcoast wrote:
You just wait until you hear my trackside interviews (not live though) with the athletes.

- Poor tone
- Gravely, monotone voice
- Mispronounce names
- Slurring (wont be beering until after!)
- Mediocre questions at best.

I should never be handed a microphone and have even less business being in front of a camera (which I wont at Vic anyway).

But alas! I do it because ESPN isn't buying in just yet, still a growing sport.

@Wetcoast

Chris, you are way too tough on yourself.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.