Martinson through
08/29/2011 10:50:59 PM
User
He ran 3:40 high and made it through as a fast qualifier to the semis. Way to go.
He ran 3:40 high and made it through as a fast qualifier to the semis.

Way to go.
08/29/2011 10:53:15 PM
User
Smart race by Martinson, Stuck to the front and ran on the inside the whole race. Way to go!
Smart race by Martinson, Stuck to the front and ran on the inside the whole race. Way to go!
09/03/2011 1:35:29 AM
User
He ran well in the semi, but a guy who has only run 1:49 for 800m cannot compete. to get to the next level, Geoff needs to work on strength and speed, while continue the good work he has been doing improving his 5000. We have a lot of these guys who haven't improved their low end speed since high school. you cannot kick at a championship meets with just distance strength. You need to also work on the 800m. The guy that won his heat ran 1:43 this year. Geoff 1:49. He ran 1:48 as a junior. It seems to me that he should be working on 1:45 right now. If he can't, Geoff needs to start working on the 5000m.
He ran well in the semi, but a guy who has only run 1:49 for 800m cannot compete. to get to the next level, Geoff needs to work on strength and speed, while continue the good work he has been doing improving his 5000. We have a lot of these guys who haven't improved their low end speed since high school. you cannot kick at a championship meets with just distance strength. You need to also work on the 800m. The guy that won his heat ran 1:43 this year. Geoff 1:49. He ran 1:48 as a junior. It seems to me that he should be working on 1:45 right now.

If he can't, Geoff needs to start working on the 5000m.
09/04/2011 12:36:33 PM
User
I think Martinson will do really well within the next couple years. His improvement over this year and his great enthusiasm and attitude shows that he will prove to be a real contender. He'll prove to be a great championship runner. I'm sure he'll continue his training in the 5000m, he's shown that he's got the endurance, all he needs is more training in the event. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the upcoming years!
I think Martinson will do really well within the next couple years. His improvement over this year and his great enthusiasm and attitude shows that he will prove to be a real contender. He'll prove to be a great championship runner. I'm sure he'll continue his training in the 5000m, he's shown that he's got the endurance, all he needs is more training in the event. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the upcoming years!
09/06/2011 1:04:15 AM
User
@Raymond I agree. I like the way Geoff has been running. He's also a great guy and saw him at the BC high school champs talking to and congratulating the kids.
@Raymond
I agree. I like the way Geoff has been running. He's also a great guy and saw him at the BC high school champs talking to and congratulating the kids.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.