National Track League
06/28/2011 7:13:41 PM
User
To me, and hopefully everyone else, this seems like a pretty big step forward in Canada. So, let's try and get some discussion going on it. The first meet is tomorrow in Edmonton. The fields are looking pretty stacked and should be some exciting non-tactical races. There are obviously lots of Canadians running, but it there are a few international athletes racing that could make things exciting. Hopefully everyone is ready to go with the rabbit and get after it. I'm sure Milne will be looking to go fast in the 1500 and get the A standard. http://www.edmontonclassic.com/content/start-list
To me, and hopefully everyone else, this seems like a pretty big step forward in Canada. So, let's try and get some discussion going on it. The first meet is tomorrow in Edmonton. The fields are looking pretty stacked and should be some exciting non-tactical races. There are obviously lots of Canadians running, but it there are a few international athletes racing that could make things exciting. Hopefully everyone is ready to go with the rabbit and get after it. I'm sure Milne will be looking to go fast in the 1500 and get the A standard.
http://www.edmontonclassic.com/content/start-list
06/29/2011 12:15:51 PM
Power User
Yes this is exciting stuff. Armstrong is rocking it this year. Zelinka now has serious competition. Felicien is going well...Khadevis Robinson is doing Victoria. He is passing up on a Samsung Diamond League event in Lausanne to go to Gary Reed's retirement dinner and race the 800m in Vic. Interstingly, they share the exact same pb: 1:43.68. I interview Khadevis, you can read that at the Victoria Track Classic site. And not to fluff my own interviews...well yes...but really there is some useful information in my interview with Doug Clement about the NTL: http://www.flotrack.org/article/6469-Doug-Clement-National-Track-League
Yes this is exciting stuff.

Armstrong is rocking it this year. Zelinka now has serious competition. Felicien is going well...Khadevis Robinson is doing Victoria. He is passing up on a Samsung Diamond League event in Lausanne to go to Gary Reed's retirement dinner and race the 800m in Vic. Interstingly, they share the exact same pb: 1:43.68.

I interview Khadevis, you can read that at the Victoria Track Classic site.

And not to fluff my own interviews...well yes...but really there is some useful information in my interview with Doug Clement about the NTL: http://www.flotrack.org/article/6469-Doug-Clement-National-Track-League
06/29/2011 8:48:03 PM
User
and the first meet is cancelled due to thunderstorms. great start...
and the first meet is cancelled due to thunderstorms. great start...
06/30/2011 1:19:38 PM
Power User
@rezmatumbo1 I was a little freaked when the mudslide, as deep as 5 metres in parts closed Hwy 1 near Chilliwack...I have to go that way myself. I thought for all those driving, this league is doomed....but the mud is cleared going west...whew....supposed to be sunny and warm for the Jerome and Vic Track Classic meets - yay.
@rezmatumbo1

I was a little freaked when the mudslide, as deep as 5 metres in parts closed Hwy 1 near Chilliwack...I have to go that way myself. I thought for all those driving, this league is doomed....but the mud is cleared going west...whew....supposed to be sunny and warm for the Jerome and Vic Track Classic meets - yay.
06/30/2011 2:09:19 PM
User
@bg16 A few weeks ago,I didn't even realise that this NTL was even in the works.We could use a lot more help from the media to get the word out,but where they lack interest(at this point)we must be the difference. To show my support,I will be at the one in Vancouver on July,1,then onto Victoria on the 3rd.I agree with you 100%,get the word out and support Track and Field in Canada. Our athletes deserve our support!Dr.Heartons
@bg16 A few weeks ago,I didn't even realise that this NTL was even in the works.We could use a lot more help from the media to get the word out,but where they lack interest(at this point)we must be the difference.
To show my support,I will be at the one in Vancouver on July,1,then onto Victoria on the 3rd.I agree with you 100%,get the word out and support Track and Field in Canada.

Our athletes deserve our support!Dr.Heartons
06/30/2011 9:14:54 PM
Power User
I had an interview with Dr. Doug Clement who is part of the original organizing committee and formed track clubs as well as the Harry Jerome meet. This interview was on Flotrack.org and re-posted on several other sites. Globe and Mail and local papers/sites of the major media have had some articles about it. If you seek your news through a search engine, you will only find what you already had in mind. If you read your news in a general way, you will run across stuff and become informed. ;o)
I had an interview with Dr. Doug Clement who is part of the original organizing committee and formed track clubs as well as the Harry Jerome meet. This interview was on Flotrack.org and re-posted on several other sites.

Globe and Mail and local papers/sites of the major media have had some articles about it.

If you seek your news through a search engine, you will only find what you already had in mind. If you read your news in a general way, you will run across stuff and become informed. ;o)
07/01/2011 3:32:27 PM
User
@bg16 http://www.harryjerome.com/athletes/preliminary-start-list/ Conditions are looking good for this meet, and flotracks got this one covered. some events of notice: - Cas Loxsom (USA), Andrew Ellerton, Kyle Smith, Quinn Ferguson in the mens 800 - a loaded mens elite 1500 featuring Nate Brannen, Taylor Milne, Kyle Boorsma - Armstrong making up for a missed flight - Malindi Elmore, Hillary Stellingworth, Georgie Clarke (AUS) and Kara Goucher (USA) after a disappointing week of elite racing (DNS's across the board in Edmonton and a disaster of distance racing in Lassuane), this meet should hopefully bring in some faster times. meet starts at 4pm EST (1pm PST)
@bg16

http://www.harryjerome.com/athletes/preliminary-start-list/
Conditions are looking good for this meet, and flotracks got this one covered. some events of notice:

* Cas Loxsom (USA), Andrew Ellerton, Kyle Smith, Quinn Ferguson in the mens 800

* a loaded mens elite 1500 featuring Nate Brannen, Taylor Milne, Kyle Boorsma

* Armstrong making up for a missed flight

* Malindi Elmore, Hillary Stellingworth, Georgie Clarke (AUS) and Kara Goucher (USA)

after a disappointing week of elite racing (DNS's across the board in Edmonton and a disaster of distance racing in Lassuane), this meet should hopefully bring in some faster times.

meet starts at 4pm EST (1pm PST)
07/02/2011 4:10:27 AM
User
@ERL_19 The Jerome Meet had some excellent races, but can we get a better announcer? Flotrak was there and added to the meet. It was a much better crowd than I've seen in the past few years. Highlights: Men's 800m Ellerton's 1:45.04 A standard BC Highschooler Keffri Neal's 1:49.43 Women's 800m B Standard by Lemlem Ogbasilassie PRs by 2 Jessica Smith 89 Canada 2:01.54 3 Lea Wallace 88 Canada 2:02.15 4 Melissa Bishop 88 Canada 2:02.69 Also a 2:03.55 by Junior Annie LeBlanc Men's 1500m Great run by Martinson 3:37.56 and Boorsma 3:39.20 Some good Canadian Women's 1500m runs" 1 Malindi Elmore 80 Canada 4:07.86 2 Hilary Stellingwerff` Canada 4:08.04 4 Nicole Sifuentes 86 Canada 4:09.42 Nothing great in the sprints.
@ERL_19

The Jerome Meet had some excellent races, but can we get a better announcer?

Flotrak was there and added to the meet. It was a much better crowd than I've seen in the past few years.

Highlights:
Men's 800m
Ellerton's 1:45.04 A standard
BC Highschooler Keffri Neal's 1:49.43

Women's 800m
B Standard by Lemlem Ogbasilassie
PRs by
2 Jessica Smith 89 Canada 2:01.54
3 Lea Wallace 88 Canada 2:02.15
4 Melissa Bishop 88 Canada 2:02.69
Also a 2:03.55 by Junior Annie LeBlanc

Men's 1500m
Great run by Martinson 3:37.56 and Boorsma 3:39.20

Some good Canadian Women's 1500m runs"
1 Malindi Elmore 80 Canada 4:07.86
2 Hilary Stellingwerff` Canada 4:08.04
4 Nicole Sifuentes 86 Canada 4:09.42

Nothing great in the sprints.
07/02/2011 11:37:08 AM
Power User
Here is the latest interview for the Victoria Track Classic website - a short and sweet one with Angela Whyte, 7-time Worlds competitor: http://www.trackclassic.com/angela-whyte-interview-christopher-kelsall/
Here is the latest interview for the Victoria Track Classic website - a short and sweet one with Angela Whyte, 7-time Worlds competitor: http://www.trackclassic.com/angela-whyte-interview-christopher-kelsall/
07/02/2011 10:26:25 PM
User
Start lists have been posted for the final stop in the NTL - Toronto International Track & Field Games. [url=http://www.totrack.ca/start-lists.php]TO Games Start Lists[/url] As for media, in Toronto, the Toronto Star is our media sponsor and has been running full, half & quarter page ads 3-4 times a week. More press is coming in the next couple of weeks as well.
Start lists have been posted for the final stop in the NTL - Toronto International Track & Field Games.

TO Games Start Lists

As for media, in Toronto, the Toronto Star is our media sponsor and has been running full, half & quarter page ads 3-4 times a week. More press is coming in the next couple of weeks as well.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.