2010 Ofsaa XC Preds
07/16/2010 6:04:20 PM
User
It's July and no one has started this thread? I was half expecting a track 2011 thread to come up... Anyways. Write 'em here.
It's July and no one has started this thread? I was half expecting a track 2011 thread to come up...

Anyways. Write 'em here.
07/17/2010 6:55:31 PM
User
yeah it is old but hey maybe it will get this board started again everyone likes a good chirp fest so here are my picks just senior boys xavier king for the upset win, with tristian, kolwalsky and deanult following closly also look for alot of cossa kids in the top 20 this feild is gunna be stacked with some great runners I think the top grade 11 will be Nick Holden of Quinte and team title goes to Theriault with syndenham and Centennial secondary rounding out the podium :->
yeah it is old but hey maybe it will get this board started again everyone likes a good chirp fest

so here are my picks just senior boys

xavier king for the upset win, with tristian, kolwalsky and deanult following closly

also look for alot of cossa kids in the top 20 this feild is gunna be stacked with some great runners I think the top grade 11 will be Nick Holden of Quinte and team title goes to Theriault with syndenham and Centennial secondary rounding out the podium
07/17/2010 9:19:49 PM
User
I know its not a 1500m race, but I don't think that a guy who runs around 4 min for the 1500 (Eamon) will lose to a guy who runs a 3 45 (Denault).
I know its not a 1500m race, but I don't think that a guy who runs around 4 min for the 1500 (Eamon) will lose to a guy who runs a 3 45 (Denault).
07/17/2010 10:39:35 PM
User
Austin trapp ftw
Austin trapp ftw
07/18/2010 12:06:20 PM
User
Sydenham isn't stacked. Jeff Archer is going to Queens. Rob and I are staying back but we don't have a good 3rd or 4th yet.
Sydenham isn't stacked. Jeff Archer is going to Queens. Rob and I are staying back but we don't have a good 3rd or 4th yet.
07/18/2010 3:14:29 PM
User
I know that this question is totally off topic, but i didnt have a chance to ask it before as I wasnt registered on the new site, I just wanted to know why some of the big names in the junior boys division like eamonn kichuk, harison sloan and abdi jama didnt run track?
I know that this question is totally off topic, but i didnt have a chance to ask it before as I wasnt registered on the new site, I just wanted to know why some of the big names in the junior boys division like eamonn kichuk, harison sloan and abdi jama didnt run track?
07/18/2010 3:21:11 PM
User
injuries
injuries
07/19/2010 1:09:38 AM
User
seriously though guys if your gunna have Holden in your top 15 or kgreat hoice but he wont lose to kichuk no chance at all holden is balls out all the time and constantly getting better some more top 20 guys gotta be kalene parker, james denny and Dakota holgate all top 38 last year and gunna be way improved look for parker to step up big I also love how no one is picking Mcvi and pickering for team titles proves that we all know they choke when it matters :-O
seriously though guys if your gunna have Holden in your top 15 or kgreat hoice but he wont lose to kichuk no chance at all holden is balls out all the time and constantly getting better some more top 20 guys gotta be kalene parker, james denny and Dakota holgate all top 38 last year and gunna be way improved look for parker to step up big I also love how no one is picking Mcvi and pickering for team titles proves that we all know they choke when it matters
07/19/2010 12:49:19 PM
User
[quote=CBU1]seriously though guys if your gunna have Holden in your top 15 or kgreat hoice but he wont lose to kichuk no chance at all holden is balls out all the time and constantly getting better some more top 20 guys gotta be kalene parker, james denny and Dakota holgate all top 38 last year and gunna be way improved look for parker to step up big I also love how no one is picking Mcvi and pickering for team titles proves that we all know they choke when it matters [/quote] You are acting like no one else is improving. Its not like Kichuck is gonna stop training and let all the people improving catch him. Even if other guys have more room for improvement, Kichuk will still be fit and will be getting faster, as well. Maybe he won't get faster at the same rate as guys behind him, but he is still going to be faster and tougher then any of the other guys you are predicting. Also he is still way tougher than Holden. On another note, just because you are from COSSA doesn't mean that your only predictions have to come from there. And as far as picking Pickering for team titles, when have they been a strong force in Cross Country. Xavier being the exception.
CBU1 wrote:
seriously though guys if your gunna have Holden in your top 15 or kgreat hoice but he wont lose to kichuk no chance at all holden is balls out all the time and constantly getting better some more top 20 guys gotta be kalene parker, james denny and Dakota holgate all top 38 last year and gunna be way improved look for parker to step up big I also love how no one is picking Mcvi and pickering for team titles proves that we all know they choke when it matters

You are acting like no one else is improving. Its not like Kichuck is gonna stop training and let all the people improving catch him. Even if other guys have more room for improvement, Kichuk will still be fit and will be getting faster, as well. Maybe he won't get faster at the same rate as guys behind him, but he is still going to be faster and tougher then any of the other guys you are predicting. Also he is still way tougher than Holden.

On another note, just because you are from COSSA doesn't mean that your only predictions have to come from there.

And as far as picking Pickering for team titles, when have they been a strong force in Cross Country. Xavier being the exception.
07/19/2010 3:19:43 PM
User
Im not from Cossa and sure they all will improve that is a given but having seen these guys run recently and often I must say that there improvment keeps getting better and better and oh are we forgetting that boychuk was 9th or so last year when we talk of pickering and there are defintly some other guys out there i like bourget and raymond for sure they defintly impressed me and liam delany out of tiss and the two syndenham boys are both top ten threats after showing great improvement in the spring the problem is eossa will be tough to get out of if tiss and syndenham dont have teams
Im not from Cossa and sure they all will improve that is a given but having seen these guys run recently and often I must say that there improvment keeps getting better and better and oh are we forgetting that boychuk was 9th or so last year when we talk of pickering and there are defintly some other guys out there i like bourget and raymond for sure they defintly impressed me and liam delany out of tiss and the two syndenham boys are both top ten threats after showing great improvement in the spring the problem is eossa will be tough to get out of if tiss and syndenham dont have teams
07/19/2010 3:41:00 PM
User
[quote=Mr8oo]What are Austin trapps credidentials... And I think the teams for senior will go: 1. Northern (with guys staying back they should proove tough to beat) 2. Sydennham (there stacked) 3. Centenial Btw Massey might just creak into the top 5 with kowalsky stayin back. They'll have andrew, Devon, sayf, and daniel! They might just be there team to look out for![/quote] What school is centennial and how good of runners do they got, they can't be that good i've never heard of them...
Mr8oo wrote:
What are Austin trapps credidentials... And I think the teams for senior will go:

1. Northern (with guys staying back they should proove tough to beat)
2. Sydennham (there stacked)
3. Centenial
Btw Massey might just creak into the top 5 with kowalsky stayin back. They'll have andrew, Devon, sayf, and daniel! They might just be there team to look out for!

What school is centennial and how good of runners do they got, they can't be that good i've never heard of them...
07/19/2010 3:49:19 PM
User
rough top 10 teams senior boys, not in any order northern highland massey STA london Sydenham redmond sir winston churchill theriault Paul dwyer cameron hieghts
rough top 10 teams senior boys, not in any order
northern
highland
massey
STA london
Sydenham
redmond
sir winston churchill
theriault
Paul dwyer
cameron hieghts
07/19/2010 4:07:35 PM
User
Dear CBU1, Stop. Using. Run-on. Sentences. My eyes hurt.
Dear CBU1,

Stop. Using. Run-on. Sentences. My eyes hurt.
07/19/2010 4:53:13 PM
User
[quote=Mr8oo]My preds go junior: 1. Ryan sleiman 2. Stephensen 3. Flanagan 4. Coughler 5. Messina my preds for senior: 1. Xiavier 2. Woodfine (if he does it) 3. Eamon (close behind) 4. Denault 5. Kowalsky guys battling for top 15: Corey bellemore, Shawn masters, Holden, Gavin shields, palamar, Nick reay, darlington, Harrison Sloan, Devon Elijah, Paul Raymond, The forbes bros, Matt hall, Mckay Wilson, hendrixs, Druken, chance jones, and Chris moyer.[/quote]
Mr8oo wrote:
y preds go junior:
1. Ryan sleiman
2. Stephensen
3. Flanagan
4. Coughler
5. Messina

my preds for senior:
1. Xiavier
2. Woodfine (if he does it)
3. Eamon (close behind)
4. Denault
5. Kowalsky

guys battling for top 15:
Corey bellemore, Shawn masters, Holden, Gavin shields, palamar, Nick reay, darlington, Harrison Sloan, Devon Elijah, Paul Raymond, The forbes bros, Matt hall, Mckay Wilson, hendrixs, Druken, chance jones, and Chris moyer.
07/19/2010 4:54:34 PM
User
[quote=Mr8oo]My preds go junior: 1. Ryan sleiman 2. Stephensen 3. Flanagan 4. Coughler 5. Messina my preds for senior: 1. Xiavier 2. Woodfine (if he does it) 3. Eamon (close behind) 4. Denault 5. Kowalsky guys battling for top 15: Corey bellemore, Shawn masters, Holden, Gavin shields, palamar, Nick reay, darlington, Harrison Sloan, Devon Elijah, Paul Raymond, The forbes bros, Matt hall, Mckay Wilson, hendrixs, Druken, chance jones, and Chris moyer.[/quote] doubt woodfine will get beat Xavier will be behind denault
Mr8oo wrote:
y preds go junior:
1. Ryan sleiman
2. Stephensen
3. Flanagan
4. Coughler
5. Messina

my preds for senior:
1. Xiavier
3. Eamon (close behind)
4. Denault
5. Kowalsky

Corey bellemore, Shawn masters, Holden, Gavin shields, palamar, Nick reay, darlington, Harrison Sloan, Devon Elijah, Paul Raymond, The forbes bros, Matt hall, Mckay Wilson, hendrixs, Druken, chance jones, and Chris moyer.

doubt woodfine will get beat
Xavier will be behind denault
07/19/2010 10:29:49 PM
User
Centennial was the 11th place team last year at ofsaa only missing the podium by 18 points. There fourth ran on a stress fracture and was about 2 minutes slower than usual. They are also the defending Cossa champions and are returning all 4 runners with the top 3 guys definitly being top 30 threats and this team should be taken seriously. If you don't know who these guys are you dont look outside of your area for results because this team went undeafeted last season all the way to ofsaa. And speedgoggles I didn't know i was in english class sorry thought it was summer and what really matters is how you run not how you type right hahaha CBU1 out
Centennial was the 11th place team last year at ofsaa only missing the podium by 18 points. There fourth ran on a stress fracture and was about 2 minutes slower than usual. They are also the defending Cossa champions and are returning all 4 runners with the top 3 guys definitly being top 30 threats and this team should be taken seriously. If you don't know who these guys are you dont look outside of your area for results because this team went undeafeted last season all the way to ofsaa. And speedgoggles I didn't know i was in english class sorry thought it was summer and what really matters is how you run not how you type right hahaha

CBU1 out
07/20/2010 2:03:49 AM
User
Mr800- I am pretty sure Xavier has never beaten Tristan. Beat him grade 9 cross country, beat him in the 15 & 3 in grade 9, beat him in grade 10 cross. So I don't think Tristan is lacking any speed. Plus is triathalon training makes him pretty strong. Sure maybe Xavier might be able to out kick him with 100m to go. But, he would have to hang with this aerobic monster for 7k first.
Mr800- I am pretty sure Xavier has never beaten Tristan. Beat him grade 9 cross country, beat him in the 15 & 3 in grade 9, beat him in grade 10 cross. So I don't think Tristan is lacking any speed. Plus is triathalon training makes him pretty strong. Sure maybe Xavier might be able to out kick him with 100m to go. But, he would have to hang with this aerobic monster for 7k first.
07/20/2010 10:49:50 AM
User
[quote=rezmatumbo1] Austin trapp ftw[/quote] [quote=Mr8oo]What are Austin trapps credidentials... [/quote] Returning for the victory lap, goes to Centre Wellington. Didn't run at ofsaa xc due to swine. Despite this, CW managed a respectable 8th place finish. Recently ran a 1:57 800 and appears to be on an upswing. As for "ftw", I doubt that, unless you're talking about CW taking the district 10 team title... CWOSSA could be an interesting battle between CW and Cameron Heights if CW manages to find 2 decent runners to replace those who graduated.If not, Cameron Heights will break CW's 4 year streak.
rezmatumbo1 wrote:
Austin trapp ftw

Mr8oo wrote:
What are Austin trapps credidentials...

Returning for the victory lap, goes to Centre Wellington. Didn't run at ofsaa xc due to swine. Despite this, CW managed a respectable 8th place finish. Recently ran a 1:57 800 and appears to be on an upswing.

As for "ftw", I doubt that, unless you're talking about CW taking the district 10 team title...

CWOSSA could be an interesting battle between CW and Cameron Heights if CW manages to find 2 decent runners to replace those who graduated.If not, Cameron Heights will break CW's 4 year streak.
07/20/2010 10:57:57 AM
User
junior boys top 20 Matt stephenson ryan slieman ben flannagan alex freemantle philip messina jeremy coughler shane favit rijers rukaj mickey day nick kondrat joey heartwell brandon allen matt bannon sameem javeed graham hansel alex dellemonache liam wilson adam doxtator myles zagar derek hick
junior boys top 20

Matt stephenson
ryan slieman
ben flannagan
alex freemantle
philip messina
jeremy coughler
shane favit
rijers rukaj
mickey day
nick kondrat
joey heartwell
brandon allen
matt bannon
sameem javeed
graham hansel
alex dellemonache
liam wilson
adam doxtator
myles zagar
derek hick
07/20/2010 11:27:50 AM
User
[quote=Mr8oo]My preds go junior: 1. Ryan sleiman 2. Stephensen 3. Flanagan 4. Coughler 5. Messina my preds for senior: 1. Xiavier 2. Woodfine (if he does it) 3. Eamon (close behind) 4. Denault 5. Kowalsky guys battling for top 15: Corey bellemore, Shawn masters, Holden, Gavin shields, palamar, Nick reay, darlington, Harrison Sloan, Devon Elijah, Paul Raymond, The forbes bros, Matt hall, Mckay Wilson, hendrixs, Druken, chance jones, and Chris moyer.[/quote] You are seriously missing some guys, -Jay Boychuck - James Milton -Jon Martin -Sam Baxter? -Mike Pesce -Dan Mathie -Sydenham dudes -Devries -Pat Hartman -Eric Barry There are likely many other fast grade 12's returning i am just not sure which ones..
Mr8oo wrote:
y preds go junior:
1. Ryan sleiman
2. Stephensen
3. Flanagan
4. Coughler
5. Messina

my preds for senior:
1. Xiavier
3. Eamon (close behind)
4. Denault
5. Kowalsky

You are seriously missing some guys,
-Jay Boychuck
* James Milton

-Jon Martin
-Sam Baxter?
-Mike Pesce
-Dan Mathie
-Sydenham dudes
-Devries
-Pat Hartman
-Eric Barry
There are likely many other fast grade 12's returning i am just not sure which ones..

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.