Dr. Trent Stellingwerff - Interview - Athletics Illustrated
03/16/2012 1:54:00 AM
Power User
http://athleticsillustrated.com/interviews/trent-stellingwerff/ Sports nutrition and hydration discussion.
http://athleticsillustrated.com/interviews/trent-stellingwerff/

Sports nutrition and hydration discussion.
03/16/2012 11:14:55 AM
User
@Wetcoast Thaks for another good one Chris. I had no idea the Stellingwerffs had moved to Victoria. Any update on Hilary and efforts to qualify for London? I'll admit I haven't followed indoor results very closely.
@Wetcoast

Thaks for another good one Chris.

I had no idea the Stellingwerffs had moved to Victoria. Any update on Hilary and efforts to qualify for London? I'll admit I haven't followed indoor results very closely.
03/16/2012 12:07:52 PM
Power User
@peteq2 She figures to be in good shape. Ran a decent road 5k, but made an error based on being rusty at that distance and away from the track. Seems fit. I have two interviews with her. One is from the Bazan Bay 5k and is a video interview, the other is a little older and is a more extensive, written interview that talks about the move to Victoria. Both can be found at Athletics Illustrated. Let me know how the navigation of the site is for yourself. I find it east, but that doesn't tell me how a new user finds it. 1500m needs to run at the A standard which is 4:06 and a B standard 4:08.90 to "prove fitness"....in case the 4:06 was an accident. There is the A+ standard as well which is 4:05.70. I have the Canadian standards posted in the Taylor Milne interview, you can click on it a couple times to make it large. Hilary will be training at altitude and then will be back at Speed River soon for some hands on coaching I assume with DST...I think that is the purpose. Then the short window to race. She will take in Harry Jerome Track Classic and the Victoria Track Classic.
@peteq2

She figures to be in good shape. Ran a decent road 5k, but made an error based on being rusty at that distance and away from the track. Seems fit. I have two interviews with her. One is from the Bazan Bay 5k and is a video interview, the other is a little older and is a more extensive, written interview that talks about the move to Victoria. Both can be found at Athletics Illustrated. Let me know how the navigation of the site is for yourself. I find it east, but that doesn't tell me how a new user finds it.

1500m needs to run at the A standard which is 4:06 and a B standard 4:08.90 to "prove fitness"....in case the 4:06 was an accident. There is the A+ standard as well which is 4:05.70.

I have the Canadian standards posted in the Taylor Milne interview, you can click on it a couple times to make it large.

Hilary will be training at altitude and then will be back at Speed River soon for some hands on coaching I assume with DST...I think that is the purpose.

Then the short window to race. She will take in Harry Jerome Track Classic and the Victoria Track Classic.
03/16/2012 12:39:15 PM
Coach
@Wetcoast Thanks, Chris. We don't know how lucky we are here to have such easy access to guys like Trent and A. Hutch.
@Wetcoast Thanks, Chris. We don't know how lucky we are here to have such easy access to guys like Trent and A. Hutch.
03/16/2012 12:46:55 PM
User
[quote=Wetcoast]@peteq2 I have two interviews with her. One is from the Bazan Bay 5k and is a video interview, the other is a little older and is a more extensive, written interview that talks about the move to Victoria. Both can be found at Athletics Illustrated. Let me know how the navigation of the site is for yourself. I find it east, but that doesn't tell me how a new user finds it.[/quote] @Wetcoast Well I feel a little stoopid... :-) Your video interview with Hilary was posted like 6 threads below this one. Duhhhh... Chris I don't frequent your site, I just click on the interviews that look interesting when you post them here or email them. That includes most of your interviews, but evidently not the one with Hilary and Malindi Elmore. :-)
Wetcoast wrote:
@peteq2

I have two interviews with her. One is from the Bazan Bay 5k and is a video interview, the other is a little older and is a more extensive, written interview that talks about the move to Victoria. Both can be found at Athletics Illustrated. Let me know how the navigation of the site is for yourself. I find it east, but that doesn't tell me how a new user finds it.

@Wetcoast

Well I feel a little stoopid... Your video interview with Hilary was posted like 6 threads below this one. Duhhhh...

Chris I don't frequent your site, I just click on the interviews that look interesting when you post them here or email them. That includes most of your interviews, but evidently not the one with Hilary and Malindi Elmore.
03/16/2012 2:05:53 PM
User
Hilary also ran an excellent 4:29 mile indoors in Seattle, just behind Sally Kipyego and Katie Flood. As others have said, great job on covering our sport, Chris!
Hilary also ran an excellent 4:29 mile indoors in Seattle, just behind Sally Kipyego and Katie Flood. As others have said, great job on covering our sport, Chris!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.