OFSAA Track and Field Predictions 2014
02/03/2014 12:03:34 PM
User
Never too early! Looking forward to hear some thoughts on the upcoming season.
Never too early! Looking forward to hear some thoughts on the upcoming season.
02/04/2014 9:19:04 PM
User
From what i have heard, look out for Jake Carroll this season. Aswell as Melika Ghali and Justyn Knight of course.
From what i have heard, look out for Jake Carroll this season. Aswell as Melika Ghali and Justyn Knight of course.
02/09/2014 8:38:58 PM
User
Early preds although with a fair amount of research. Junior 400m- [u]A.J. Bimm[/u] (St. Mike's, returning champ) Men's 4x400m- [u]St. Mikes[/u], [u]Why:[/u] Cameron Heights (1st at OFSAA last year) only has two returning members and one of them is a mediocre 300m hurdler while other is an even worse 100m/200m guy, Sydenham (2nd last year) has only one returner and he's a fucking javelin thrower, Pickering (3rd last year) does have 3 returners but one of them is a mediocre 200m guy, another is a meh 400m hurdler although their final returner is a solid 50.83 400m runner. St. Mike's in contrast is only losing one member of their relay team, all of them are primarily 400m runners, and everyone who is returning is at the moment either a 51 low runner or sub 51 and three of them most likely will be sub 50 guys come OFSAA. Boom. Senior 1500m- [u]Justyn Knight[/u], I get the feeling a lot of people will have Matt Viveiros as their pick for this one because of his 800m wheels (1:52.xx vs. Knight's 1:58.xx) but if Justyn sets a hard (i.e. sub 3:50) pace which trust me, he will, then the win is his. Senior 800m- [u]Matt Viveiros[/u], Top returner, 1:52 PB, nuff' said Steeple- 1st [u]Graham Hansel[/u], 2nd [u]Ben Preisner[/u], 3rd [u]Isaac Dobos[/u]. Hansel in my mind is pretty hands-down for the win, but the battle for silver will be a close one. Dobos and Preisner have been going head to head this cross country season exchanging wins over each other (Dobos at OFSAA, Preisner at AO's and then Dobos again at Nats) but I think that given Preisner has already beat him in an actual steeplechase before (OFSAA 2013) and that Preisner is more of a dedicated steepler (he did go to world youth's for it after all) I think that he will get the win in the end. Senior 3k- [u]Justyn Knight[/u], Top returner by 19 seconds (Hansel is the next closest and we all saw how badly he got spanked by Knight this school year already at OFSAA cross), The real question is will he break 8 minutes (he is going for it BTW, Justyn Knight doesn't know the meaning of the phrase: "Slow tactical race"). Junior 800m- [u]Ed Hayfron[/u], Won last year by a wide margin and has already run 1:59.xx indoors and he beat a 1:53.xx runner (Melika Ghali) to do it. Oh, and there's that 1:55.xx he ran after OFSAA last summer, yeah, that too. Thoughts?
Early preds although with a fair amount of research.

Junior 400m- A.J. Bimm (St. Mike's, returning champ)

Men's 4x400m- St. Mikes, Why: Cameron Heights (1st at OFSAA last year) only has two returning members and one of them is a mediocre 300m hurdler while other is an even worse 100m/200m guy, Sydenham (2nd last year) has only one returner and he's a fucking javelin thrower, Pickering (3rd last year) does have 3 returners but one of them is a mediocre 200m guy, another is a meh 400m hurdler although their final returner is a solid 50.83 400m runner. St. Mike's in contrast is only losing one member of their relay team, all of them are primarily 400m runners, and everyone who is returning is at the moment either a 51 low runner or sub 51 and three of them most likely will be sub 50 guys come OFSAA. Boom.

Senior 1500m- Justyn Knight, I get the feeling a lot of people will have Matt Viveiros as their pick for this one because of his 800m wheels (1:52.xx vs. Knight's 1:58.xx) but if Justyn sets a hard (i.e. sub 3:50) pace which trust me, he will, then the win is his.

Senior 800m- Matt Viveiros, Top returner, 1:52 PB, nuff' said

Steeple- 1st Graham Hansel, 2nd Ben Preisner, 3rd Isaac Dobos. Hansel in my mind is pretty hands-down for the win, but the battle for silver will be a close one. Dobos and Preisner have been going head to head this cross country season exchanging wins over each other (Dobos at OFSAA, Preisner at AO's and then Dobos again at Nats) but I think that given Preisner has already beat him in an actual steeplechase before (OFSAA 2013) and that Preisner is more of a dedicated steepler (he did go to world youth's for it after all) I think that he will get the win in the end.

Senior 3k- Justyn Knight, Top returner by 19 seconds (Hansel is the next closest and we all saw how badly he got spanked by Knight this school year already at OFSAA cross), The real question is will he break 8 minutes (he is going for it BTW, Justyn Knight doesn't know the meaning of the phrase: "Slow tactical race").

Junior 800m- Ed Hayfron, Won last year by a wide margin and has already run 1:59.xx indoors and he beat a 1:53.xx runner (Melika Ghali) to do it. Oh, and there's that 1:55.xx he ran after OFSAA last summer, yeah, that too.

Thoughts?
05/22/2014 8:58:29 PM
User
St Davids form D8 for 4 by 400m. Ildemaro Ponnabalam and Chance Newell have both ran sub 50 and then Riley Altereze (Pardon spelling) is running the 800m 1:55 and then anyone who can run sub 55 can probably do the job to get them 1st.
St Davids form D8 for 4 by 400m. Ildemaro Ponnabalam and Chance Newell have both ran sub 50 and then Riley Altereze (Pardon spelling) is running the 800m 1:55 and then anyone who can run sub 55 can probably do the job to get them 1st.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.